The Unconfined Multispeed Test System provides compression/extension testing for a number of geotechnical tests that must have accurate control of the rate of displacement during loading. With accessories, the unit can perform unconfined compression, CBR, and triaxial shear phase testing.
The base unit includes a stepper motor, lead screw, vertical tension rods and crosshead, displacement transducer, electronic controls and network communications. Versions of the unit are available to test loads up to 90 kN (20,000 lbs.). Displacement rates can be set to any value between 0.00003 and 15 mm per minutes (0.000001 to 0.6 inches per minute).
The base unit can run in stand-alone mode without a computer. It includes built-in data acquisition and display capability. Sensor readings are dis-played in Sl or English units and stored in memory.
Optional software running in Windows® completely automates the test, reducing the data and preparing test results.
Applicable Test Standards
• ASTM D-2166, AASHTO T-208 Unconfined Compression Testing of Soils
• ASTM D-1663 Compressive Strength of Molded Soil-Cement Cylinders
• ASTM D-1883 “Standard Method for CBR
• Choose capacity to fit user needs from 20, 50 and 90 kN models
• Total automation of data collection and reporting of test results
• Prepare tables and plots of report quality within minutes of completing a test
• Generate columns of data for easy reduction using your own spreadsheet software.